Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy to Have a Church Fam

 My Church family is a great blessing.  True, family strains are very difficult...but family ties can be a huge blessing too.  So it is with the Church.  Today I give thanks for my family away from my family...my Church.  

I have a friend who often talks about her church and how tight everyone is and how wonderful and deep their relationship.  I used to feel jealous.  But today I realize that there are many different ways of being family...and sometimes simply being at Mass together is a great blessing.  It can be simple things, like families shuffling with kids and trying to take in the homily...when you can tell they are making the effort.  Its when I realize just how wonderful they are.  I imagine its like a parent when they stop by their child's bedroom and just gaze in for a moment and marvel at the beauty of it all.  Its at these blessed moments that we priests realize how blessed indeed we are.  We might not brag about it from the pulpit, but we feed on it in our heart.

Happy Sunday, and may you all be blessed. - Father Aaron

3 comments:

  1. A lovely thought Father Knox. Something to hold on to on the tough days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr. Aaron,

    Speaking of being fed in our hearts...your homily and celebration of the mass this past Sunday (Mar 20th) fed me and my family more than we have been for a very long time.

    Thank you for being the wonderful priest of God that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since just recently having lost our Mother it is surprising how much closer our family has become.Since she is from Sts. Peter and Pauls Parish and only one of us still live in the area we all try to go to masses said there in her memory not only we children but also grandchildren,nieces.nephews and extended family.IT IS WONDERFUL TO CHAT AFTER MASS WITH THESE PEOPLE WE HAVE LOST TOUCH WITH OVER TIME. As is said out of every cloud comes a silver lining.To come together to remember her though our faith is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete