Thursday, December 2, 2010

AaRoN's SoNg - FiLL mY cuP (liFe to tHe fuLL)

YHWH is my peace
He is the shalom of my soul
He is the Christmas lights on the tree of my heart
It is His face that shines in me
It is His face I long to see
to sit quietly, surrendered,...at peace.
I am blessed because He chose me
and it wasn't for my charm or smarts or good looks
He chose me 
because He loves me.
He wants to raise up a generation 
and bring breath back on the earth
He wants to renew creation
freeing us from the smog of confusion
He has been my Savior, my song, my Therapist, my hammock,
my TEAR TOWEL, my clawing post, my scapegoat, my peace, my Light
and MY HOPE 
(now THAT is worthy of a song!)
What He has done for me He will do for you.
*because all things are possible with God
(for this is the sixth month for Elizabeth, who was said
to be barren....God doesn't do 'barren' - He turns the desert
into running streams...)
That doesn't mean you won't feel pain
or travel the awe-full road of agony
or feel alone or weak in faith or embarrassed.
God is not looking for supermen.
God is thirsting for our LOVE.
His invitation to the world, my generation, is 
Take and Eat, this is My body, this is My blood.


* song written in response to a Bible study question in Deborah Allen's class.  
The assignment was to create your own song - modeled after Mary's song
(Luke 1:46-55).  This is my song of praise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment