Saturday, March 25, 2023

Annunciation reflection...

 The Lord finds a way to get His work accomplished. 

We see Ahaz today.  

His heart is closed…his excuses, weak.

His heart, lukewarm.

Thinking that he is doing good, he refuses to listen to the prophet.

However, the prophet speaks the Word…

What I hear is: “Despite your unfaithfulness, I will be faithful”.

 

Today, as I am faced with the ways in which 

I have been unfaithful to the Lord…

in prayer, fasting, and almsgiving…

I also need to hear that God will accomplish His work…

despite my hard-headedness…despite my hard-heartedness.


Lord, please forgive my folly,

my self-preoccupation and indulgence.  

Help me to turn away from sin and to be faithful to the Gospel.  

Bring me a confessor!  

I need Your grace, for I have fallen away!

 

Let it be true once more as if I were a new Ahaz…

Lord, accomplish Your work in me, 

though I may be opposing it!  

 

Lord, find a way to get Your work done in me.  

Lord, I am afraid.  I lack courage. I lack trust. 

Be faithful despite my unfaithfulness. 

Be faithful…O Lord.

 

Set me free from my sin and I will do your will (Psalm refrain).

 

You send the angel Gabriel to announce words of amazing revelation.

His words rouse me from slumber, sadness and lukewarmness.

How could You be so good, O Lord…who can fathom Your goodness?

To the Virgin Mary, yes.  I can see that.  But to me – who art sinful and lowly?

I cannot fathom You, O Lord.  Your goodness exceeds all goodness!

 

You find a way to accomplish Your good work.  


You find a way where there was none.



- ak

No comments:

Post a Comment