Monday, July 23, 2012

Over the Hump (...of Summer)

As we inch closer and closer to September my spidey senses tell me that its time to get planning and organizing for the upcoming months, the start of religious ed, confirmation preparation, the rite of Christian initiation, fundraisers, fall suppers, 50th anniversary celebrations and the like.  However,  I am fortunate to have a priest cover a weekend for me (the newly ordained Fr. Owen Burns) which opens up some dedicated down-time.  With the things brewing on September's horizon I'm tempted to stay in the trenches but I've decided I will enjoy the time of respite that has been given - thank you God! - and thank you Fr. Owen!  and visit with friends and family - because that is what summer's rest is about.  And then I'll return to the saddle refreshed and renewed to 'go for it'.  Now is the time to do it - because like it or not - we're over the hump and cascading toward September!   :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment